The State Electoral Commission performs the following activites as well:
- presents opinions on amendment and improvements of electoral legislation, legislation regulating referenda and legislation regulating regular annual financing supervision and election campaign financing supervision
- passes the Ordinance on protection and processing of archives and records created in the course of work of the State Electoral Commission of the Republic of Croatia and other bodies in charge for the conduct of elections and referenda determining processing, filing, preservation, disposal and destruction of archives and records of the Commission and other bodies in charge for the conduct of elections and referenda created in the course of conducting elections, regular annual financing supervision and election campaign financing supervision and fulfilment of other tasks under the competences of the Commission along with the Special list of archives of the State Electoral Commission with disposal dates
- publishes periodical expert publications pertaining to the electoral system, election conduct and practice
- determines the organisation of the Commission Expert Service, elects the Commission Secretary General and and the Commission Deputy Secretary General
- cooperates with other state authorities, organisations within the country, international organisations and institutions in the area of electoral legislation and elections in general
- carries out other duties foreseen by special legislation.